Search for atmospheres
Embarking Underwater Demo
Demo for EMbarking Project designed to demonstrate the Anthropological influence on the underwater environment of the West Coast Of Scotland.
Our personal practice over the past ten years is informed by our environment. We live on the shores of Loch Linnhe in Lochaber, a sea-loch at the southern end of the Great Glen in the Scottish Highlands. The glen is part of a strike-slip fault that stretches from the Atlantic to the west of Ireland to beyond north-east of the Shetland Islands and onwards to Scandinavia. The Corran Narrows here are the pinch-point of the fault, creating endless interaction between inland and coastal waters, and one of the most powerful tidal races in the British Isles. It is here that we first embarked on experiments with hydrophonic recording and understanding human impact on the underwater world.
Comments for "Embarking Underwater Demo"
License details for "Embarking Underwater Demo"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- humpback whale song by MBARI_MARS from freesound.org +)
- Anthro by Watercolour Music +)
- Harbour Seal by Watercolour Music +)
- In-Shore by Watercolour Music +)
- Minke by Watercolour Music +)
- Porpoise by Watercolour Music +)
- The Ocean Deep by Watercolour Music +)